Personal accounts of dreams and waking events involving Spirits,
UFOs, Aliens, Disembodied Voices, Phantom Sounds, Being Touched and More!

KEY IN A WORD or PHRASE

February 18, 2012

I'M A HOUSE SERVANT


DREAM

CONTENT: SLAVE or HOUSE SERVANT, PAST LIFE?

SUMMARY
I'm a black houseservant caring for a young white girl.


COMMENT: At computer --no earplugs, no audio in headphones. Decided to take a nap while transferring files to CD.

DREAM & LOCATION SETTING: Era not known. Either in America or England.


ACCOUNT

Thursday, January 26, 2012
4:02 AM
RF 9.7

Segment 1
PARTICIPATING. Forgot the beginning of this dream. I'm me: black and female. I feel that I'm a house servant in an undistinguished place, a home perhaps. I'm with a white female child who is cute as a button, and about 6 and a half years old with dark hair, a round face, and pleasant demeanor. I appear to be her guardian and teacher, and it's clear we have a close relationship and that I'm quite fond of her. Throughout the dream we talk and at one point early on she's standing or sitting before me (my back is to dream screen) and says to me sweetly but rather nonchalantly, "I don't like those men who come over on the ships." I know she is referring to the slave ships, and I instantly reply softly almost as a correction, "You mean 'slavers'[1]."

Segment 2
Then I'm in the same room I think and there's a person to my right who tells me to take the girl out of the room.

Segment 3
We end up in what looks like a large storage room or kitchen/pantry that is dimly lit with artificial yellow light behind us where there's a rectangular table. We play and laugh, and at one point I clasp her face in my hands (my palms on the side of her face) squeeze it affectionately and smile. Then I let go.

Something happens and she falls to a (medium gray) concrete floor, laying on her left side (she's facing the right). Perhaps because I'm tall, and she looks like a small doll wearing a dark red cloak or overdress with a light white and pastel blue printed dress or underdress. I'm alarmed and pick her up but she was okay, then I cup my palms on either side of her cheeks

Segment 4
Soon we begin to dance (moving right to left). I began to simulate an African drum beat I mimic with my voice, beginning an African dance and lifting my right leg high in the air as possible and twisting my left foot side to side so that I move to the left while keeping the leg raised. Then I remain stationary and thrust my pelvic and hip areas forward then back to the drum beat. I seem to know this rhythm and dance by memory. It has either been taught to me by elders that once belonged to a specific tribe or I had belonged to that tribe but had not learned the dance sufficiently.

I laugh and the girl is behind me, her hands gently on my waist. I can feel the movements of my body, and think of how my leg will not lift as high as the dance requires. It is during this dance that I clearly see the length of my skirt or dress skirt, that it covers my leg to the ankles.

CLOTHING DESCRIPTION [SERVANT]
The dress or dress skirt is heavily gathered with a light denim blue color with white print. The bottom 7 to 10 inches are ruffled with the same fabric with a possible hint of an ecru lace underskirt. The fabric is a medium weight cotton with slight vertical creases. It's clear the garb is a servant's manner of dress, but I am not poorly dressed, and the girl does not appear to be uneducated.

FINAL THOUGHTS
During the dream it's not in my thoughts that I'm a slave or servant, although the dreaming self slowly realizes that the participating self is a servant or slave.


NOTES

[1] --- In this post the term "slavers" refers to the men who come over on the slave ships AFTER having captured the slaves to sell their cargo. I'm either in America or England. I was in my late teens or early to late 20's--best guest is 20, about 5'10" and neither slender nor stocky.


INTERPRETATION
This dream may point to not only a life of servitude but also that I was a member of an African tribe or at least of African descent. This dream has allusions to a possible past life as a house servant. When I saw the dress/skirt I knew without a doubt that I was a servant, more likely a trusted houseservant whose responsibility was to see to the care of the child.

The past life symbols are: The job position, the style of dress, the African dance, the mimicked drum beat.

This is not the first time that I've dreamed of being a black house servant. Previous dreams have alluded to employment in a wealthy family (is that why I crave money in this life and abhor jobs that require housekeeping and babysitting?). I feel this dream has shown me that servitude in a past life during teen years is the origin of my interest in children during my teen years in this lifetime. Further, over the years, I have had multiple dreams where the 18th to mid 19th century is depicted in America or England, where I am a house servant, and where I've been in Africa.




LAST UPDATED: February 17, 2012

No comments:

VISITORS TO THIS SITE since 12.09.09